Preston Hughes III
Texas Death Row
Preston Hughes III was arrested in the early morning hours on September 27, 1988,
for the brutal stabbing death of Shandra Charles, age 15, and Marcell Taylor,
age 3. He was tried, convicted and sentenced to die by lethal injection.
He has been on Texas Death Row since May 1989 for a crime he did not commit. His
execution has been scheduled for November 15, 2012.
The following are links to
documents pertinent to Preston's case:
Preston Hughes III Case Documents
- Houston Police Department Case File Reports - 41 Pages of potential police corruption.
- Preston Hughes III Time Recap - A detailed analysis of HPD Case File.
- Crime Scene Photos - WARNING!! Some of these photos are not for the weak at heart.
- Trial Transcript or Court Reporter's Transcription - Example of a Kangaroo Court. The judge
allowed the knife found in Preston's apartment which was tested forensically in the court room, and found to have no human blood on it to be introduced as the murder weapon.
- Preston Hughes III's 1st False Confession - Preston was
coerced. His life was threatened.
- Preston Hughes III's 2nd False Confession - Preston was
coerced a second time. His life was threatened a second time. Please
compare this false confession with the first false confession.
- 3 year old Marcell Taylor's Autopsy Report - The original Medical Examiner
did not testify at trial.
- 15 year old Shranda Charles Autopsy Report - The original Medical Examiner
did not testify at trial.
- Petition to Texas Governor Rick Perry
- Please sign this petition. The petition has a short recap of this case of injustice for those who don't have time to review all the details listed above and below.
Preston has been scheduled for execution November 15, 2012 so time is imperative. NOTE: This petition was sent on November 2 to the governor and Texas Board
of Pardons and Patrol but it fell on deaf ears.
- Skeptical Juror - A blog by John Allen with a very detailed analysis of this case. Some
of his discovers will not only give you food for thought but will astound you. He is currently
working on a defense for Preston. Note: John went above and beyond the call of duty to help prove Preston's innocence.
On Thursday, June 21, 2012, Preston received a letter from Patrick McCann, his court appointed
lawyer that Preston had been trying to get replaced for years. He wrote to tell Preston that he would be bench warranted to Houston
a week or so from the date of the letter (June 19th) for a hearing in which the judge was going to schedule an execution date for
sometime in November.
At about 11:00 a.m. CST on July 18, 2012 Texas District Judge Ruben Guerrero set a November 15, 2012 execution date for Preston Hughes, III.
On November 15, 2012, Preston Hughes III was executed for a crime he did not commit. He was pronounced dead at 7:52 p.m. CST.
Back to Preston Hughes III Time Recap
Back to Mystery Crime Scene Home Page
MysteryCrimeScene.com All rights reserved
design and logo courtesy of
DigitalDesigns Designer Elliott Houston